Monday, February 9, 2009

For the Love of Your Parents

This has been a tough time for me. My dad is in the first stages of Alzheimers and my mom was displaced from her home due to black mold. I feel helpless at times and wish I could do more. My dad's back is really bad and he was hospitalized only to find out there was nothing they could do short of surgery. What a blessing when I found out my chiropractor accepted Dad's medicaid!!! Dr. Nickse was so wonderful with my dad, talking to him and walking him through what he was going to do. Dad is a little confused these days and Dr. N was so patient and attentive to Dad. Dad loved him and will see him all this week. God bless my amazing mother who, despite divorcing my father in the mid 70's, is helping to get him to Dr. N everyday this week. Who does that for their ex-husband? She is truly a gift to our family and the best thing to have ever happened to my dad...even now.

Well, life is busy but I have another 5K this weekend with my friend, Sharon. She is such a trooper and the timing is perfect since we are both beginners so we either stink together or we push each other to excel. I love it!

Don't know what other plans are in store for Valentine's Day but any reason to celebrate life and love is good with me. Jesus, I lean on you for peace and quiet because my burden is heavy. Thank you for being my rock, Lord.

1 comment: