Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well here we are again at the beginning of a new year - 2009. Reflecting back on 2008 I can see how incredibly God provided for our family during some difficult times. I have high hopes for the new year and am excited to see what comes next!

I'm not big on new year resolutions only because I don't believe in waiting for a certain "date" to start what I know I need to do or should do. Every minute counts.

A little about me: I am 43 but am carrying my age pretty well. I'm sure the wrinkle fairy will show up soon, but in the meantime I'm keeping company with the gray fairy. She keeps bringing me more gray but I battle her with the bottle of golden blonde I found at Publix.

My husband, Brett, and I have been married just over 3 years. He is a wonderful man although very different from me. This made for a tough beginning but I'm amazed at how God blends us as time goes by. What is the deal with "opposites attract"? Tough gig. Brett and I were friends in high school though we never dated. After 19 years we ran into each other and started dating shortly after. After almost 2 years we were married barefoot on the beach and headed to Cancun for our honeymoon. I have 3 children and he has one daughter. Since my daughter is grown and out of the house it is nice to have a daughter again to do girl stuff with. She's great. My boys are strong, sturdy and bring me great joy...most of the time! My oldest son is almost a teenager and we do slight battle at times but we both know we love each other dearly.

My hobbies include scrapbooking, reading and jigsaw puzzles. I love Facebook, computer games (Pogo) and we'll see how this blog thing goes. Enough for now. We'll play with this site and see how cool we can get it to look! Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie, good to see you take the plunge. And I love your slogan! Remind me again when's our first 5k of 2009? I promise to put it on my calendar this time. Really! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete