I began my journey at 183 lbs and in size 14 pants. I could tell you about the one pair of size 12's I still fit into but the rest of my wardrobe was 14, so let's be real! Through prayer, power walking and logging in my steps on an online site for motivation and accountability and with the help of Dr. Lara, I happily sit at 138 and a size 6. The "wow" comes in the form of the timeframe, however - 24 weeks!
Here is a layout I did of my weight loss journey.

I think the Lord let me go through this to understand others better who struggle with weight issues. I have a sensitivity that I didn't have before for those folks.
Over that 5 years I tried all kinds of pills, diets, and fads but every effort I made was under my own power and will (or lack thereof). This journey has shown me that through Christ, I can do all things!
Wow! That is awesome! I am in awe! You look great! I need to lose about 40 lbs, also--which Dr. Lara lived near me! LOL Congratulations!! You look great!
ReplyDeleteWOW CONGRATULATIONS, That is so wonderful
ReplyDeleteI need to do something despretly but I don't have any will power, just can shake whats gotten into me.
Oh my gosh - you look fabulous! I haven't seen you in a while...what a fantastic accomplishment! Congrats!
ReplyDelete